Request a Call back
What is Transcription?
With your video in mind, a transcription is the written version of the words spoken by you and/or the people in your video. To satisfy the purists out there, transcription can also mean an arrangement of a piece of music for a different instrument, voice, or group of these.
How Can You and Your Viewers Benefit from Video Transcription?
It’s important to remember that whilst some of us find videos a great way to learn, especially when a skill such as learning a musical instrument is involved, there are also many people that find reading a better way to learn.
In addition to providing an alternative method for people to enjoy your video content, there are other ways you can benefit from a video transcription:
- If for some reason your video doesn’t play, people can still discover the content and messages you wanted to deliver
- There are methods of using your video transcription to improve your website SEO
- Approaches can be used to use your video transcription to engage with existing or new customers/clients
- Your video transcription can be used to enhance your overall online presence
- You can spread your message further and help/benefit more people
Accuracy is Key
You’ve spent time creating a quality video, you’ve deliberated over the wording, the delivery, the key messages and then no doubt spent additional time editing it all together; your valuable time that has resulted in a video you’re proud of.
It’s important that same level of care and attention to detail is taken over your video transcription; this is where in the competition of human versus software, human wins. Knowing that your video transcription is being created by an experienced transcriber, who has excellent attention to detail and exceptional knowledge of English language is your assurance of accuracy combined with common sense; sometimes the way we speak on video does not translate as well into the written word. And also there may be an occasion when a narrative is delivered quickly on a video, which software would make a ‘best guess’ at, whereas an experienced human transcriber can figure out the intended message.
How Can Mears Websites Help You with Video Transcription?
We provide a Video Transcription service but in addition, we provide you with recommendations and methods as to how you can use your transcript and get the most out of it. Your video transcription will be created by an expert, experienced typist in the UK whose first language is English.
We like to keep things simple:
- You send us your video or link to your video
- We let you know how much it will cost to transcribe it for you
- If you’re happy with the price, you transfer your payment
- We then create your video transcription for you and provide you with recommendations for using it