Mears Websites Terms and Conditions
This page was last updated: 17th March 2017
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply our services described on our website www.mearswebsites.com to you (“Services”). Our primary services are Website and Digital Marketing Services (“Website and Digital Marketing Services”) and our Website Hosting Management Service (“Hosting Managment Service”).
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Services from our website. You should understand that by ordering any of our Services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please read through these terms and conditions carefully and print a copy for future reference.
Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Services from our website.
- By placing an order for our Services, you consent to us sending to you correspondence by email and/or SMS text messaging. This is our primary method of communicating with you and will inform you of changes to our website, of industry changes that may affect you and/or your website and keep you informed about our services in general.
2. Information about us
- Mears Websites is the trading name of Mr Mears Ltd. www.mearswebsites.com is a site operated by Mr Mears Ltd (“we”, “us” and “our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9268665 and have our registered office at 3 King Street, Castle Hedingham, Halstead, Essex CO9 3ER. Our trading address is 9 The Laurels, Railway Street, Braintree, Essex CM7 3JS.
3. Your status
- By placing an order through our website, you warrant that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts
- you are at least 18 years old
- If you are acting on behalf of a company or other business, you further warrant that you personally have the authority to bind that company or business on whose behalf you are placing an order.
4. The order process
- Information that you provide while placing an order with us must be complete and accurate. You agree that we may block access to the Services you order if we reasonably believe that the information you have supplied is inaccurate. You must keep any login details secret at all times and not allow anyone else to use it. You must contact us immediately if you believe your login details have become known to someone else.
- Before you place your order you will be shown your order on screen including details of the Services you have wish to order and the price payable. You will then have an opportunity to identify and correct any input errors in your order for the Services.
- After placing an order for the Services we will send the details of the services in an email, also an invoice, to the email address you provided when you ordered the services from us.
5. How the contract is formed between you and us
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us accepting your order and, if appropriate, letting you know that the Service you have ordered will be progressed as per the respective specific Services information. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy our Services and all orders are subject to acceptance by us. The contract between us (“Contract”) will only be formed when we send you confirmation that the order has been accepted and is in progress. We reserve the right to decline your order for the Services for any reason, in which case we will advise you accordingly.
- The Contract will relate only to those Services detailed in the confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Services which may have been part of your order until such Services have been confirmed in a separate Confirmation.
6. Our status
- We may provide links on our site to the websites of other companies, whether affiliated with us or not. We cannot give any undertaking that products or services you purchase from companies to whose website we have provided a link on our website will be of satisfactory quality, and any such warranties are DISCLAIMED by us absolutely. This DISCLAIMER does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller.
7. Consumer rights
- If you are buying as a consumer (i.e., not within the course of your business), the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 allow you to cancel the Contract at any time within fourteen (14) working days, beginning on the day after you place your order. Mears Websites honours the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- This provision does not otherwise affect your statutory rights.
8. Our limited money back guarantee
- Once the Contact has been formed you may, subject to clause 8.2, only cancel the Contract in relation to the Services you have purchased within fourteen (14) days of placing your order. If you do so, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Services you have cancelled. We will refund the price you have paid either by bank transfer or PayPal. No other refund will be made. Limited to one per customer.
- To cancel the Contract under clause 8.1, you must inform us in writing via email before the end of the fourteen (14) day period mentioned in clause 8.1. As part of our cancellation process, we will respond to you via email to confirm your cancellation request. You must re-confirm your cancellation request via email or we will continue to supply the Services and your cancellation under clause 8.1 will be ineffective.
- You will not have any right under clause 8.1 to cancel the Contract for the supply of any other Services other than that noted in clause 8.1. Therefore, the Services which may not be cancelled include (but are not limited to):
- Hosting Services where you request a dedicated hosting server or VPS server
- Domain Registration and Renewal Services
- Use of SSL certificates and other ‘add on’ products.
9. Price and payment
- The price of any Services will be as quoted on our website from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- The total cost of your order of the Services will be set out clearly in your Shopping Basket before you submit your order for the Services.
- Prices are liable to change at any time. We will notify you of a change in our prices before the price increase comes into force. If you do not agree to such price changes, please cancel your Services in accordance with clause 20.3.1. If you do not cancel you will be deemed to have accepted the new prices, and they will be charged to the payment method you used for your original order.
- Our website contains the details of a large number of Services and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Services listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. Where a Service’s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when accepting your order. If a Service’s correct price is higher than the price stated on our website, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before accepting your order, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection.
- We are under no obligation to provide the Services to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- We will take payment from the payment method you choose at time of order. If we subsequently reject your order, we will refund the payment you have made either via bank transfer or PayPal (whichever is preferred). You agree to provide us with your bank details if refund by Bank transfer is preferred.
- Please note that when purchasing a Service, you are obliged to pay for that Service for the whole of the Minimum Term (as defined in the respective product details/description) that applies to it (unless you have cancelled the Service under clause 8.1) even though you may pay by monthly direct debit payments. Consequently, you must not cancel your direct debit payments without first cancelling your Services under clause 20.3.1.
- We reserve the right to seek to recover any outstanding amounts due by you by other means, including referring the debt to an external debt recovery agent and/or by taking appropriate legal action. If your outstanding payment is referred to our external debt recovery agent then you may become liable for additional fees and charges and you agree to pay such charges in addition to the outstanding amount owed to us.
- Time for payment shall be of the essence. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds. If your chosen method of payment is not authorised by your credit card provider or bank, we may, at our discretion, suspend or terminate any Services we provide to you from time to time, even if payment in respect of such Services is not outstanding.
- We warrant that (subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions) any Services purchased from us through our website will be provided with reasonable care and skill.
- We will not be liable for a breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 unless:
- you give written notice of the breach to us via email
- we are given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining our provision of the Services to you
- We will not be liable for a breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 if:
- the problem arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the use of the Services (if there are any)
- you alter the Services without our written consent
- the problem arises because of misuse
- Subject to clause 10.2 and clause 10.3, if we are in breach of the warranty in clause 10.1 we will, at our expense, use all reasonable commercial efforts to remedy the breach promptly or refund the price of the Services at the pro rata Contract price. This constitutes your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the warranty set out in clause 10.1. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not warrant that your use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- We reserve the right to modify the Services without notice to you provided such modification does not adversely effect your access to, or use of, the Services or detract from the overall performance of the Services. Any change which may have such adverse effect on you or may detract from the overall performance of the Services will be notified to you prior to the change taking effect.
- You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf which is not set out on our website or otherwise confirmed in writing by us. Nothing in this clause will exclude or limit our liability to you for fraudulent misrepresentation.
11. Access to the Hosting Service
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Hosting Services managed by us. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access Services through your Internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions (and in particular our acceptable use policy.
12. Hosting Service service levels
- The host server providers (Heart Internet) use reasonable endeavours to make their servers available to you as part of the Hosting Management Service you purchase from us for ninety-nine point nine nine (99.99) per cent of each calendar month. We do not warrant access to their servers will be uninterrupted or error free but we are assured that they will use reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum. They shall make all commercially reasonable efforts to provide you with advanced notification of all scheduled and emergency outages through the system status page http://www.webhostingstatus.com.
- Service credits are not given for any form of downtime or service unavailability.
13. IP addresses
- You will have no right, title or interest in any internet protocol address (“IP address”) allocated to you, and any IP address allocated to you is allocated as part of the Hosting Management Service you purchased and is not portable or otherwise transferable by you in any manner whatsoever.
- If an IP address is re-numbered or re-allocated by Heart Internet, they shall use their reasonable endeavours to avoid any disruption to you.
- You agree that you shall have no right, title or interest to any IP address upon expiry or termination of the Services, and that the acquisition by you of a new IP address following expiry or termination of the Services shall be solely your responsibility.
14. Back-up of your material and our servers
- Unless purchaing the Mears Websites WordPress website Management Service, it is your responsibility to maintain appropriate and up-to-date back-up copies of any data, information or other material you upload (or permit to be uploaded) onto the host server on which your website is stored (“Material”) as part of your use of the Hosting Management Services. In the event of loss of or damage to your Material, you will not be given access to the server back-up maintained by Heart Internet pursuant to our archiving procedure.
- Heart Internet will follow their archiving procedures for the data stored on thier servers. In the event of any loss or damage to their servers, your sole and exclusive remedy will be for Heart Internet to use reasonable commercial efforts to restore the data on our servers (including your Material) from the latest back-up we maintained in accordance with our archiving procedure. Neither Mears Websites or Heart Internet will not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of your Material caused by you or any third party.
- You accept that Mears Websites are not responsible for technical issues, down time or host server related problems that may affect your website. We will however, as part of our Hosting Management Service use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that Heart Internet rectify any such problems as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You accept that by purchasing our Hosting Management Services, that whilst your website will be hosted on servers owned and managed by Heart Internet, that you will not be able to liaise or communicate directly with Heart Internet regarding your website, nor will they be able to take instruction directly from you. Communication with Heart Internet relating to your website is required to go through Mears Websites.
15. Hosting Service usage limitations
- Your limitations are:
- your Material is linked into web pages
- you do not use the Hosting Service as a backup of, or repository for, your Material
- you maintain good housekeeping to maintain your Material
- you comply with our acceptable use policy
- The Hosting Management Service you order includes the per calendar month bandwidth allowance applicable to that hosting package as this is set out on this website at the time of your order. The Hosting Management Service you have ordered will be automatically suspended if this monthly bandwidth allowance is exceeded. If this happens, you have to upgrade your Hosting package to one which includes a higher monthly bandwidth allowance, or wait for the Hosting Service to resume at the start of the following calendar month. You can monitor your monthly bandwidth usage in your eXtend control panel www.extendcp.co.uk
- Unless the Hosting Management Service you order includes a dedicated server, you will only be allowed to use a maximum of five (5) per cent of the server’s processing capacity when using the Hosting Management Service package you order. At Heart Internet’s absolute discretion, they may allow your usage to exceed this limitation, and we will contact to you about your hosting requirements if your usage has, or may have, a detrimental effect on other Heart Internet customers.
- The Hosting Management Service you order includes the number of mailboxes applicable to that hosting package as this is set out on our website at the time of your order. However, any mailboxes that have not been accessed for one hundred (100) clear days will be automatically deleted from the Heart Internet system.
- When using the Services, you must comply with our Terms of Website Use and our Acceptable Use Policy and these are incorporated into the Contract by reference. Any conflict between our terms of website use and these terms and conditions, will be resolved in favour of these terms and conditions.
- We shall be entitled to terminate the Contract, or suspend or terminate the provision of any individual Services, if you are in breach of our Terms of Website Use or our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If a problem has arisen with regard to the Services you ordered, you can access support by emailing us. You accept that Mears Websites operates Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30. However, Heart Internet monitor and manage the host servers twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
17. Domain names
- Where the Contract includes our Domain Registration and Renewal Service:
- we will endeavour to procure the registration of the domain name you request
- we will not be liable in the event that the relevant domain name registry refuses to register the domain name you request, or subsequently suspends or revokes any registration for that domain name
- we shall not act as your agent or on your behalf in any dealings with domain name registry
- the registration of the domain name you request and its ongoing use is subject to the relevant domain name registry’s terms and conditions of use which you should obtain and consider
- you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of the terms referred to in clause 17.1.4 so that you can comply with them
- the domain name you request will only have been successfully registered when you appear as the registrant on the appropriate “whois” database of the top level domain name registrar
- we shall have the absolute discretion to require you to select a replacement domain name to the one you have requested to be registered, and may suspend or terminate our performance of the Domain Registration and Renewal Service, if, in our opinion, there are reasonable grounds for us to believe that your current choice of name is, may or is likely to be in bad faith, breach of the provisions of these terms and conditions or any legal or regulatory requirement
- you confirm and warrant that you are the owner of any trade mark in any domain name (or have the authority of the owner of any trade mark to use such name) that you have requested be registered
- You confirm and warrant that you are the legal owner of any domain name (or have the authority of the legal owner to use such domain name) supplied by you, or otherwise authorised by you, for use as a domain name in connection with any website in relation to which the Hosting Management Service supplied to you is used.
- Once the domain name has been successfully registered, it will need to be renewed periodically to ensure you retain your registration of it. We will send you renewal notices before the renewal date of your registered domain name. These notices will be sent to the email address used when you placed your order. You hereby authorise us to automatically renew the domain name for you unless you have cancelled the Domain Registration and Renewal Service in accordance with clause 20.1.1. The price for the renewal will be as set out in the renewals page of the customer administration area and will be charged against the payment method then used at time of order.
- You acknowledge and agree that we may place a number of locks on any domain registered with us either at the time of registration or at any time thereafter and without further notice to you. The locks that we may place on a domain include ‘clientDeleteProhibited’, ‘clientTransferProhibited’ and ‘clientUpdateProhibited’.
18. Intellectual property rights
- You, or your licensor, retain all intellectual property rights in your Material, and you grant to a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to use, store and maintain your Material on Heart Internet servers and publish your Material on the Internet for the purpose of providing the Hosting Service to you. You warrant that your Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party and you have the authority to grant the licence in this clause 18.1 to us. We may make such copies as may be necessary to perform our obligations, including making back-up copies of your Material
- You will defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services or of any claim or action that your Material infringes, or allegedly infringes, the intellectual property rights of a third party.
- If you download software Heart Internet own from their website, you are granted grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable royalty free licence to use that software for the purpose set out on our website in relation to that software. Such licence will automatically terminate when we stop providing the Hosting Management Services to you.
- Any third party software that you download from our website shall be licensed to you on the standard software licence terms of the owner of the intellectual property rights in that third party software as those licence terms are notified to you at the time you download such software.
- Heart Internet retain all intellectual property rights in the Hosting Services (other than in your Material) and their software referred to in clause 18.3. Accordingly, you must not decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Hosting Services or their software.
- Heart Internet in conjunction with Mears Websites will defend you against any claim that the Hosting Management Services (but not materials stored or maintained on our servers by third parties) infringe any United Kingdom intellectual property rights of a third party (other than infringements referred to in clause 18.2), and shall indemnify you for any amounts awarded against you in judgment or settlement of such claims, provided that:
- you give prompt notice of any such claim
- you make no admissions or settlements without our prior written consent
- you provide reasonable co-operation to us in the defence and settlement of such claim, at your expense
- we are given sole authority to defend or settle the claim
- In the defence or settlement of the claim, we may obtain for you the right to continue using the Hosting Services, replace or modify the Hosting Services so that they become non-infringing or, if such remedies are not reasonably available, terminate the Contract with you without liability to you (in which case we will refund to you the price you have paid on a pro-rata basis). We will have no liability to defend or indemnify you if the alleged infringement is based on:
- a modification of the Hosting Services by anyone other than us
- your use of the Hosting Services in a manner contrary to our instructions or our Acceptable Use Policy
- your use of the Hosting Services after notice of the alleged or actual infringement from us or any appropriate authority
- The foregoing states your sole and exclusive rights and remedies, and our entire obligations and liability, for the infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights by the Hosting Services.
19. Our liability
- We do not monitor and will not have any liability for your Material or any other communication you transmit, or allow to be transmitted, by virtue of the Hosting Management Services.
- Due to the public nature of the Internet, we shall not be liable for the protection of the privacy of electronic mail or any other information transferred through the Internet or via any network provider and no guarantee or representation is given that the Hosting Management Services will be free from hackers or unauthorised users. You shall be liable for the content of any emails transmitted by virtue of the Hosting Services, for any material you upload to, or allow to be uploaded to, our servers and for ensuring compliance at all times with all relevant legislation (including, but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other privacy laws, regulations and guidance notes made or issued thereunder).
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties that are not expressly set out in these terms and conditions (or the documents referred to in them) are hereby expressly excluded.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability
- We will not be responsible for the following types of losses (in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential) and whether they are caused by our negligence or otherwise:
- loss of income or revenue
- loss of business
- loss of profits or contracts
- loss of anticipated savings
- loss of goodwill
- loss of software or data
- wasted expenditure (such as pay per click advertising costs)
- wasted management or office time
- Subject to clause 19.4 and clause 19.5, our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed one hundred and ten (110) per cent of the price you have paid to us for the Services during the twelve (12) months preceding the event giving rise to the liability in question. Accordingly, you are advised to acquire business interruption insurance, or other appropriate insurance, to protect you and your business in the event of interruption of the Services (in particular the Hosting Service).
- Where you buy any product or service from a third party seller through following a link on our website to such third party’s website, the seller’s individual liability will be set out in the seller’s terms and conditions. You should consult such terms and conditions.
20. Duration of the Services and cancellation
- That part of the Contract relating to our Domain Registration and Renewal Service will commence on the date we send you our Acceptance Confirmation. It will continue until:
- we have registered the domain name you have requested (the “Domain Name”) and you subsequently ask us not to renew the registration of your Domain Name by emailing us
- we terminate the supply of our Domain Registration and Renewal Service by notice to you because:
- the Domain Name is no longer available for registration
- clause 17.1.7 applies
- you are in breach of clause 17.1.8
- of some other reason preventing the registration of the Domain Name
- If we terminate the Domain Registration and Renewal Service under clauses 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168, we will refund the price you have paid for the Domain Registration and Renewal Service to the credit card, debit card or other account you used to make the payment.
- That part of the Contract relating to Services other than our Domain Registration and Renewal Service will also commence on the date we send you Confirmation. Unless such Services are terminated as provided in this clause 20.3, they shall continue for the minimum period of time that applies to the Service you have purchased (as these are set out on our website and subsequently confirmed in the Confirmation) (“Minimum Term”). After expiry of the Minimum Term, they will continue on a month to month basis until terminated:
- by you, as a Consumer, informing us of your decision to cancel the Contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax, e-mail and providing thirty (30) days notice.
- by you, as a Business customer, informing us of your decision to cancel the Contract by contacting us by email
- by us giving to you at least thirty (30) days advanced notice in written sent to the then current email address you used at time of order
- by exercising your right as a Consumer, to cancel the Contract(s) within the “cooling off period” i.e. within 14 (calendar) days of purchase. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired
- As part of our cancellation process, we will respond to you via email. You must re-confirm your cancellation request via email or we will continue to supply the relevant Services and your cancellation will be ineffective. You will not receive any refund of the price you have paid for the Services you have cancelled. We are not responsible for email communication that fails to reach us; you accept responsibillity for ensuring we have received your email.
- The monthly price for Services we supply under Contracts that continue on a month to month basis under clause 20.3 shall be charged monthly in advance the payment method you chose at time of order. Such payment will be taken on the same date of the month as on which the Services had originally commenced (“Payment Date”) unless or until you cancel the Services in accordance with clause 20.3.1. We will not provide you with a refund for a cancellation that is part-way through a billing period. Where the Payment Date does not recur in a particular month (e.g., 31 January, but there is no 31 February), you will be charged on the closest preceding date to the Payment Date (e.g., 28 February) for that month.
- Without prejudice to any other right to terminate or suspend the Services we may have under these terms and conditions, our Terms of Website Use or our Acceptable Use Policy we may terminate the Contract at any time by giving you thirty (30) days advance notice by emailing you at the email address your used at time of order. If we cancel the Services, we will refund to you the price you have paid for the Services on a pro-rata basis for the unexpired Minimum Term.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions, if you are in breach of an obligation of these terms and conditions we may terminate the Contract by seven (7) days notice to you and/or, at our absolute discretion, terminate or suspend without notice any individual Services we provide to you from time to time.
- Expiry or termination of the Contract shall be without prejudice to any rights and liability of either of us arising in any way under that Contract as at the date of expiry or termination.
21. Deletion of your data
- If you cancel your Services, any data we hold or host in relation to the Services you have cancelled will be immediately and permanently deleted from our system. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to make appropriate copies of such data before you cancel your Services.
22. Additional terms
- Additional terms and conditions may apply for our offers. If so, you will be advised of them at the relevant point.
23. Written communications
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- All notices given by you to us must be given via email. We may give notice to you at either the then current e-mail or postal address you gave on your most recent order.
25. Third party rights and transfer of rights and obligations
- Neither you nor we intend that any term of the Contract will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The Contract is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of the Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
26. Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- misuse, alteration or interference by you or any third party of our servers or systems (including virus and hacker attacks);
- strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- possibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government
- Our performance under the Contract will be deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail, at any time during the Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 24.
- If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of the Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
29. Entire agreement
- These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us both in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
- We each acknowledge that, in entering into the Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
30. Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order services from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven (7) working days of receipt by you of the Acceptance Confirmation).
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed on our behalf.
31. Law and jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of Services through our site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such the Contract shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. English is the language offered for the conclusion of the contract between us both.